For more than 40 years, the Fort Collins Eyeopeners Kiwanis Club, better known simply as Eyeopeners, has been dedicated to and passionate about serving children, families, and our communities.
- Eyeopeners was founded April 3, 1973 and was officially chartered on May 22, 1973 with 27 members.
- As its first fundraising event, Eyeopeners hosted the Carson and Barnes circus in May of 1974 with the funds raised at the event donated to the Foothills Gateway Rehabilitation Center.
- In October 1978, Eyeopeners sponsored the first Fort Collins Oktoberfest and continued to sponsor the event until it ended in 2006.
- Eyeopeners partnered with Taste of Fort Collins in 1998 and today it is our largest fundraising activity.
- Our Annual Gingerbread House-Home for the Holidays event has become a holiday tradition with local companies and individuals sponsoring and decorating gingerbread houses that are displayed at the Foothills Mall.
- Eyeopeners has branched out to include service projects such as the Annual Kids Fishing Derby, wrap sessions with the Nappie Project, preparing and serving meals at Catholic Charities of Larimer County, bell ringing for the Salvation Army, and the Swimsuit Lesson Book distribution and presentations.
Eyeopeners believes that serving in our community matters. Our club works to support and engage young adults in service leadership and volunteer activities by sponsoring clubs at CSU, five local high schools, and Foothills Gateway through the Kiwanis Service Leadership Program.
The Eyeopeners club is filled with friendships, service, big ideas, and club members going above and beyond. You are invited to join our chapter, be a guest at an Eyeopeners Kiwanis meeting, and/or participate in any of our service/volunteer projects.